CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

March 29, 2009

all gone...for a good cause

So...I have been wanting to chop off my hair. I mean, I simply tie it back every day the same way. I rarely comb it and find it much trouble, but...Todd likes it and I do like how it looks. How many women get the chance to have such thick healthy hair, but I have two small kids and practicality triumphs beauty these days. So...the other day I decided to do it and I mean I DECIDED right then to chop it off. OK, so now the only problem was that I didn't want to waste the hair so I was going to donate to Locks of Love (again). When the hairdresser put my hair in the rubber bands and showed me how short it would be I hesitated. It was shorter than I had planned and a little scary when I thought about it. (Would it still fit into a ponytail?) But, after a moment I knew I must do it. Because you see, I HAD TO CUT MY HAIR that day and I succumbed to the fact that my vanity was not worth denying some little cancer survivor of a brand new real hair wig. And so it was done. She hacked (yes, this is the right word since my hair is so THICK) three times and it was over. Well, not really. I don't love my hair right now and it has become a little too much work for my taste but it is OK and it will be back to my shoulders in no time. So here it is...my old hair and my new hair.

0 comments: